With a kid at school and a toddler at home meal times have become challenging. On one hand I really want to ensure that both kids get their dietary requirements met daily. Throw in that little thing called ‘mum, I need your undivided attention’ when meals are being prepared, makes for high stress levels just get one meal on the table. So to help me, I’ve started making quick tasty meals, prep ahead and doesn’t need lots of time standing by the stove.
This is my recipe for pea & ham pasta, which both kids and adults can have and truly can be made in 20 minutes! Test it out and let me know.
- 1/2 box Barilla Maccheroni ( this only takes 7 minutes to cook)
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 200g ham diced
- 1/2 cup cooked peas or any other frozen veg you like
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese(or more if you like parmesan cheese)
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- Heat up a saucepan of water
- When water is boiling cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Once cooked, drain and set aside
- Cook peas/veg in the microwave.
- In a frying pan heat up, then add a tbsp of olive oil, then add onion and saute
- Add ham and lightly fry off.
- Add pasta and peas to the pan combine well
- Add thickened cream & parmesan and heat through
My toddler approved this recipe. If you want you can make a more sophisticated version using pancetta or smoked salmon too!