Today hubby and I celebrate our wedding anniversary. So to mark the occasion, I thought I’d share this special brownie recipe. This is a recipe inspired by Bill Granger and is my version of fudgy chocolate brownies. Not necessarily healthy, but everything in moderation right?! And good especially for a special occasion too!
FUDGY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- 1 ½ cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 beaten eggs
- 200g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 dark chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Stir sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking powder together in a bowl. Mix well
- Melt butter and chocolate buttons together – set aside
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to bowl, mix till combined then add butter chocolate mixture to the bowl.
- Pour into lined 22 cm square tin – bake 40-45 mins
- Allow to cool in tin and then remove to cut into bars or squares.
These brownies are ultra rich, so do serve with some creme fraiche to balance out the sweetness.