As you know we recently went apple picking and ended up with a few kilos of apples. These apples as freshly picked can last up to 3 weeks in the fruit crisper. But why do that really? Instead, we’ve had quite a few baked apple treats, including the classic apple crumble. But one of the favourites in our household has been this super easy Apple and Sultana cake.
- 125g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sultanas
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 apples, grated
- Preheat oven 160 degrees.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Beat eggs and add to butter. Combine well and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, sift flour and baking powder together.
- Add all other dry ingredients to the sifted flour.
- Pour in butter egg mixture and milk, mix well.
- Line loaf tin with baking paper and pour mixture into tin.
- Bake for 40-50mins, or until golden brown.